Public guided tours to the Topovske Šupe camp location
Video snimak sa javnog vođenja, 31.03.2019.
In order to introduce the history of the camp, its victims and the history of the site itself before, during and after World War II to the general public, as well as to raise awareness about the importance of preserving this location as a remembrance site, the Centre for Public History organises permanent public guided tours and public history lessons on the site of the former camp in Tabanovačka street, near Autokomanda Square.
The first public lesson within the Mapping the Holocaust – The Topovske Šupe Camp Project was held on Saturday, 31 March 2019, for about 80 people, gathered through a public call. Historian Milovan Pisarri presented the camp’s history and introduced the participants to the events of 1941, but also to the post-war situation and site’s destiny to this day. The participants had the opportunity to enter one of its two buildings where Jews and Roma were detained during World War II.
Also attending the lesson were representatives of the Jewish communities from Belgrade, Subotica, Pančevo, Zrenjanin and Sombor and of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Serbia.